By ordering Xpress Maids services via telephone, e-mail or website you are agreeing to be bound by the following Xpress Maids Terms of Service;
1. No Contract Service: Xpress Maids does not make you sign a contract. We believe that the quality of our service alone is enough to secure your business and we aim to earn your trust at every visit.
2. Team Arrival Window: Service appointments are available in 2-hour arrival windows. Arrival windows give our teams the flexibility to handle traffic and weather delays, and the unanticipated circumstances of each home without rushing through the cleaning process just to get to the next appointment.
3. House Preparation: To maximize the value you receive from Xpress Maids, we ask that you pick-up toys, clothing, etc. from floors before the team arrives.
4. Pets: We are a pet-friendly company. If you know that your pet is aggressive, we kindly ask that you secure it to ensure the safety of our team. If you are not going to be home, especially during the initial cleaning, we ask that you give us the pet’s name and instructions on how to handle the pet before the team arrives so that the team knows what to expect before entering the home. Please remember that pets often behave differently to strangers when family members are not present.
5. How to Pay for Service: Full payment is due on the day of service. If you are paying by check, please make the check payable to Xpress Maids and hand it to the team or leave the check on the kitchen counter. If you are paying with a credit card or bank ACH, we can send you a link to securely pay your invoice before or immediately after cleaning or preferably you can opt to keep your payment information on file during checkout and your account will be automatically charged the balance due on each cleaning day. Prepaid invoices can be sent upon request. Prepaid invoices must be paid before the team’s arrival. Late payments will incur a daily late fee of $10. One-time services must be prepaid. For your convenience, we accept checks, cash, bank ACH and all major credit cards.
6. Tipping: As with most service providers, tipping is not required, but always appreciated. A small gratuity or a thank you note goes a long way to show the team that you appreciate their hard work.
7. Returned Check Fee: A $37 fee will be assessed for all canceled or returned checks.
8. Service Cancellation/Suspension Notice: We understand that due to unexpected circumstances, it is sometimes necessary to temporarily suspend or skip your scheduled service. Xpress Maids simply requires a two-business-day notice, to give us ample time to make necessary schedule adjustments and to reassign the team. Late notices will incur a $50 team reassignment fee. In the event that we do not receive a service cancellation or suspension notice until the day of service, and we cannot access your home, you will be charged the full cleaning price, and future scheduled cleans will remain unchanged.
9. House Access: To ensure that you get uninterrupted stress-free service, we ask that you give us access to your house. The most preferred and convenient ways are to give Xpress Maids a spare key, garage code or keyless entry code. We have either a key, garage code or keyless entry code to 95 out of every 100 homes we clean, and we have never had a single incident. We take the security of your home seriously. Your key or code will never have your name or address attached to it. Your key will be assigned a unique code and securely kept in a locked key safe after each use. If your home has an alarm system, please give us the code and access instructions. When you give us a key or code, you will never have to worry about forgetting to be home or trying to find someone to let the team in. If you choose not to provide us with a key, please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that the team has access to your house on every scheduled cleaning day to avoid unnecessary charges.
10. Accidents / Damages: While we strive to take good care of your home, accidents sometimes happen. When something breaks, we will notify you ASAP. Conversely, if you notice anything damaged, please notify us within 24 hours. Our liability insurance requires that damages be reported within 48 hours of service. Key replacement/locksmith fees are paid only if keys are lost. There is a $100 liability limit for key replacement or locksmith services per location.
11. Cash and Valuables: We ask that you don’t leave large sums of money unsecured in your home. We prefer for the cleaning team not to handle valuable antiques, heirlooms, crystals, collectibles, delicate or expensive decorations, pieces of art, or anything that is of great value to you. If any such items are in your home, please be sure to let us know before the team cleans the house. We cannot be held responsible for any such item unless the customer has asked us not to touch it and it is damaged by accident.
12. Skipped or Missed Cleaning Visits: If you skip a cleaning, additional time may be required for your next scheduled clean, and you'll be charged extra for the extra time it takes to complete the tasks. When back on your normal cycle, your normal rate resumes.
13. Prices: Xpress Maids will never surprise you with a price increase. We strive to ensure that our prices remain competitive, affordable and predictable over a long period. Therefore, price adjustments, if necessary, will only occur annually at you’re the anniversary of your account. Our recurring services are priced at a discounted rate. Should you choose to cancel a recurring service after only one cleaning, please note that our regular One-Time Cleaning charges will apply.
14. Extra Services Requests: Please inform us in advance for special requests (party clean up, inside refrigerator cleaning, oven cleaning, interior windows, extra rooms, walls, basement, and garage) so we can schedule adequate time.
15. Cleaning Supplies and Equipment: Xpress Maids provides all cleaning supplies and equipment needed to get the job done. We use quality, proven and tested, and approved green cleaning supplies, including commercial-strength vacuum cleaners equipped with highly strong filters, to rid your home of allergens. However, if you prefer that we use your products on particular surfaces, like wood floors and furniture, we are happy to accommodate your request. Xpress Maids will not be responsible for damage resulting from cleaning products supplied by the customer.
16. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: Cleaning is a very personal service, and occasionally a particular area may not be cleaned to your satisfaction. While Xpress Maids does not offer a refund, our promise to you is that if you let us know of any issues or concerns within 24 hours of your cleaning, we will happily return and redo the work to your satisfaction at no extra charge, and with no questions asked.
17. $2,500 Referral Fee: The hiring and training of trustworthy, reliable employees is a costly endeavor. Xpress Maids employees sign a legally binding non-compete, non-interference agreement. By choosing to hire Xpress Maids to clean your house, you also agree not to privately hire a current or former Xpress Maids employee to clean your house or to engage them in other home-related services. But if you decide to privately hire a current or former Xpress Maids employee outside of your service arrangement with Xpress Maids, you will be billed $2,500 referral fee.
18. Hours of Operation and Holidays
Our office is open Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. We can be contacted any time via email and voice mail. We are closed on weekends and the following days.
Customers whose recurring service falls on above holidays will be notified one week prior to rescheduling service if the customer has not already made arrangements.